Tuesday 24 June 2014

UV-Unwrapping!

So over the past week or so I've been working on UV unwrapping my model.
UV unwrapping is crucial in order to texture the model properly which takes a lot of time and patience but once you have an understanding for how it works it becomes pretty simple.

Here is the before and after shot of my UV's on my lid for my treasure chest:
















As you can see it's going to be much easier to texture in photoshop now instead of the horrible mess that it was previously. This is only the lid however, I still have to do the bottom box area which should be a lot easier. Then all I'll need to do is apply this to the model via a material, either a Lambert, Blinn or Phong. We will discuss that further in class though.
I'm fairly proud of my work so far. I'm interested to see how the final product will turn out and it's definitely the best 3D model I've made.

Next week I'll be going over the texturing details!

No comments:

Post a Comment